Springtime brings the aftereffects of the harsh winter weather - potholes, uneven pavement and roadways. Below is 6 Spring driving tips to keep in mind before you travel:
1. Spring showers bring May flowers... and wet driving conditions:
Drive Slow on wet roads, and increase your following distance even when mist begins to fall. A small amount of water can mix with oil and grease on the road to create dangerous slippery conditions.
2 . Avoid driving through large puddles: Driving through water can cloud your vision, impair your brakes, or cause you to hydroplane.
3. Keep your tires properly inflated: Full tires can reduce the damage caused by potholes and other road hazards.
4. If possible, go around potholes: Deep potholes can flatten tires, bend rims, and throw your car out of alignment.
5. Share the road: Warm weather brings out pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists
6. Understand the impact of medications while driving: Spring means seasonal allergies for many. Over-the-counter allergy drugs can have side effects or interact with other medications to diminish your driving ability.
From All of us here at Capria Insurance Agency. www.capriainsurance.com 570-722-4000