LIVE WEATHER UPDATES HERE
OR CLICK THE LINKS LOCATED IN THE MAP ON THE LEFT FOR LIVE UPDATES
- Identify outside water sources: small pond, cistern, well, swimming pool, or hydrant.
- Have a garden hose long enough to reach each area of the home and outbuildings on the property.
- Install freeze-proof exterior outlets on at least two sides of the home and near other outbuildings and additional outlets at least 50 feet from the home.
- Consider portable gasoline powered pump or generator in case electrical power is lost.
Other useful links:
- www.firewise.org - Firewise workshops are offered for free all across the nation in communities large and small and free Firewise materials can be obtained easily by anyone interested.
POST EVACUATION ROUTES, ADDRESSES FOR SAFETY SHELTERS/NUMBERS TO CALL AND CHECK WHERE THE FIRE IS/ROADS & HIGHWAYS THAT ARE CLOSED/ANY COMMUNITY OFFICE SCHOOL CLOSURE/LATEST EVACUATIONS, ETC